Our Design & Analysis team composed of Aerospace and Mechanical engineering personnel conduct computer aided 3D design and analysis activities. Within the wide range, we mainly focus on aerial vehicle platforms body, structures, related subsystems, Ground C4I systems. From sketch to production all phases are held according to the Product Lifecycle Management procedures compatible with the civilian and military engineering standards. Among the activities of this group:
- Aerial Vehicle Design and Optimization
- Aerial Vehicle Aerodynamic, Stability and Control, Structural Analyses
- Aerial Vehicle Performance Calculations
- Take Off / Landing Systems Design & Analysis
- Fuel Systems Design & Analysis
- Engine Systems Integration & Analysis
- Avionic Systems Electronics Packaging Design & Integration
- Servo Actuator Mechanical Design & Analysis
- Battery Systems Design & Analysis
- Command & Control Systems Human Engineering Design
Composite materials are commonly used in aircraft industry because of their lightweight and high strength capabilities.
Aircraft designs in our company are manufactured from composite materials with %100 percentage from prototype to finished product. For this cause,high precision molds processed with multi-axis CNC machine tools. Specially,carbon fiber, kevlar, prepreg,hybrid materials are used with methods like Vacuum Infusion,RTM etc.
Composite Manufacturing Unit continues its manufacturing with molding,trimming,curing stations and special equipments.
- One of the unique characteristics of the Aerospace Industry is revealed with the tightly tolerance, complex shape metallic components. With our vast machining background and quality systems expertise, we conduct precision machining components for the aerospace industry. Whether it is an avionics electronics packaging component or a landing gear mechanism all parts are handled in a delicate fashion and manufactured within wide variety of aerospace grade materials from aluminum to titanium to prototyping materials. Within our machine shop, we have:
- Spindle-Spindle Type 5 Axis, 3+2 Axis CNC Machine
- Table-Table Type 5 Axis, 3+2 Axis CNC Machining Center
- CNC Lathe
- 3 + 1 Axis Machining Centers
- CATIA PLM and 5 Axis Machining software tools are used for these manufacturing activities.
Baykar Electronics Manufacturing provides the necessary setup, environment and human resources for the prototype, final design productions, testing, assembly and repair services. Each hardware item is tailored to the specific technical requirements defined. All flight critical and mission critical type avionics hardware are produced, tested and validated within class 10000 clean room. We are uniquely equipped with state of the art tools and integrated test systems to meet the high quality standards of production of mostly low volumes. Manufacturing, testing capabilities include:
Single to multi-layered boards SMD assembly with automated SMD pick and place machine
- Lead Free Processes
- BGA placement, inspection and rework station
- Network Analyzer Station
- Spectrum Analyzers Station
- Signal Generator Station
- Oscilloscopes, Microscopes Testing
- Intrusive Reflow and selective wave soldering
- Electronics Packaging Station
- Battery Installation Station
Baykar possesses the capabilities to assemble various cables and harnesses using a wide assortment of wire and cables such as coaxial, solid, metallic and ribbon according to the in house designed cable schematic, wiring diagram and parts list. Various connector types are used from different suppliers with unique configurations designed in house. Connectorization and terminal attachment is done using manual tools supplemented by wire stripping and routing equipment. From prototypes to low volume, simple lead assemblies to complex multi-branch harnesses – along with Microwave and Radio Frequency Cables are assembled and tested with the specified procedures. We as well provide thermal transfer image printing and also hot stamp imprinting for wire, label and insulation tubing marking systems.
Electronic and software system content within aerospace vehicles are coupled in a tightly fashion and requires a multidisciplinary extensive approach for a faultless functioning systems of systems. We develop and implement systems integration processes of linking together various avionics systems and ground based units along with functional tests. Utilizing a wide variety of integration techniques, we focus on the following integrations:
- Flight Control Systems Integration
- Flight Mission Computer Systems Integation
- Inertial Navigation System Integration
- Payload Units SW & HW Integration
- Engine Test Beds and Engine Integration
- Landing Gear Systems Integration
- Servo Actuator Systems Integration
- Communication System Integration
- Flight Control Systems Sensor Units Integration
- Ground Support Systems Integration
- Ground Systems Integration
- Integrated Test Systems Built-in-Test
Electronics hardware design group conducts all of the activities from requirements review to electronics design of all flight critical and mission critical avionics systems such as flight control systems, mission computers, flight critical sensor interface boards, power units to ground based systems design. All design engineering are streamlined with the related civilian and military standards for environmental, electromagnetic interference and interoperability. Among the design activities of this group are:
- Mixed Signal Digital and Analog Circuit Design
- RF & Microwave Analog Circuit Design
- Electronics Packaging Engineering
- Redunt Avionics Architectures
- Flight Control Systems Design
- Mission Computer Systems Design
- Microcontroller based Sensor Interface Boards
- Power Distribution Systems Design for Aerial Vehicles
- Ground Shelter Systems C4I Systems
- Ground Shelter Systems Power Distribution Units
- Battery Control & Charging Circuits Design
We have a dedicated R&D team for the development, testing, implementation and validation of real time OS based embedded systems designs. Our embedded engineering activities are supported by a variety of microprocessors and architectures. As embedded systems generally operate under extreme environmental conditions and implications of any software failure is severe, we have built our expertise with specialized tools, methods for the validatiornd for reliable operating performance. We have developed many different types of embedded systems for various functions. Among them are:
- Flight Control Systems
- Mission Computer Systems
- Sensor Boards
- Sensor Fusion Applications
- Communication Protocols
- Discrete and Continious Signal Processing
- Digital Controller Designs
Object oriented programming (OOP) which is seen as the collection of interacting objects, instances of classes is one of our core capabilities used heavily specifically on the following areas:
- Command, Control and Monitoring Operator Interface Software Development for various class UAV Systems
- Simulation Systems Interface Development
- Hardware Functional Testing Interface Development
- Mapping Functions
- Image Processing Applications
- Video Processing Applications
Manageability and increasing complexity of harware and software systems are effectively handled with support of OOP. All systematic changes at distinct point in time is managed under software configuration management system for the purpose of integrity and traceability.
Flight control system (FCS) is the most crucial component of a UAV platform which must offer a safe degree of autonomy combining robust estimation, navigation and control capability. Beside all, critical avionic systems have to be continuously monitored and possible failures must be diagnosed and isolated from the control cycle.
FCS developed by Baykar as part of national UAV projects offers a state-of-the-art system which reduces the operator burden while maximizing safety and reliability. Its triple redundant configuration is the first application on a tactical grade UAV system preparing the aircrafts to their future existence in the commercial airspace.
The estimation software included in the flight control system that supplies state information to the control cycles depends on modern algorithms based on stochastic sensor fusion. Navigation, control and guidance algorithms are capable of fully autonomous take off, landing, taxiing and waypoint navigation. Emergency situations due to subsystem malfunctions are detected by health-monitoring system and a safe return to the base is handled by the auto-pilot by conducting the aircraft on a predefined route.
Development of flight control systems is accompanied by Software-in-the-Loop and Hardware-in-the-Loop simulators that are developed by Baykar. These systems play a crucial role during the verification of developed software and testing for safety. It also allows experimenting risky scenarios that cannot be performed in a real flight. Physical models used in the simulators are updated with computational and experimental data leading to a higher fidelity simulation model.